Thursday, March 20, 2014

How to cut Chunky layers in your hair

Time:  12 minutes
Supplies:  scissors, brush/comb, clips to hold back hair
Skill level:  medium

So I've had to get clever when I want my own hair cut, because usually, 
the urge for a new look comes on suddenly, like a craving for homemade cookies or a diet Coke.
(I personally don't like soda; it gives me a stomach ache.  Cookies, on the other hand...)

But what I mean is--I'm usually just fine with my hair. And then all of the sudden, I have to have a change. Like right then. If my husband's home, I either have him or Bella trim the bottom. Then I'll either leave it blunt, or layer it one of two ways. 

The other way (cutting vertical layers) we've already posted. 
But I haven't shown you this way.

I like both ways. This one's more chunky, whereas the other one is more gradual. And it depends on what you're going for.

If you mostly wear it straight, I'd go for the more gradually-layered approach.  If you mostly wear it curled, I'd cut it chunky. It makes the curls pop! Either way, both can be done on yourself. 
(Probably not as well as having a pro do it for you, but good enough to be happy with the look).

So get out your scissors and try something new.
Then have a Diet Coke and chocolate cookies after.
(As payment for a job well done).
Miriam


3 comments:

  1. I love this. I've been cutting my own hair upside down like this for the last few years. When it's curled it looks beautiful. ~~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m new to your blog and i really appreciate the nice posts and great layout. I bookmarked your site a couple of days ago coz your blog impresses me. I really love your hair tutorial. Many thanks for spending some time to detail this all out for all of us.
    uniqueofsheffield.co.uk - Hairdressers Sheffield

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it; it makes working on it very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete