Thursday, February 6, 2014

Braided Valentine's Heart Hairstyle

Time:  15 minutes
Supplies:  brush/comb, 3 elastics, ribbon (optional)
Skill level:  medium+

Happy Valentine's Day to you all.
Do you have something wonderful and lovely planned for this year's celebrating?  Or maybe a hot date you're dreaming about sharing the day with?

Have I told you that my husband and I usually cancel Valentine's Day every year?

We don't mean to (he's not one of those--"it's all made up by Hallmark type of thing").  We usually just say we'll get to it on the weekend or whatever, and then we never do anything.

This year I told him "I don't want to cancel Valentine's Day again. I want to do something to acknowledge it."
He said, "fine by me. Let's celebrate."
Trouble is...I don't have any idea what to do or what to give him.  If you've got any suggestions, throw them my way.  Please.
I've got nothing.  And I'm the one who insisted we do something.

So what are you all planning to do for those
you love?  I'd love to hear.
Miriam


6 comments:

  1. "Flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep." That's my favorite quote from Beauty and the Beast. But I suppose you could use the first two.~Emily Halstrom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam, Bella, and Lanie: Wow, you are all beautiful and talented!! I have 3 girls and we will gather around and watch you share your talents! My hair skills are a work in progress, but I truly appreciate your help! My 8 year old will be begging me to do this heart braid! Thanks so much! Miriam, my hubby and I forget V-day as well and the sad thing is our anniversary is Feb 18th! My hubby is an accountant so we really need to celebrate another time of year, but I at least like to try and sneak away and go out to dinner. I do have ideas on gifts for him that I have never done and want to like transferring our wedding video to DVD or shed a few pounds!! One of these days. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments. And I love your idea of transferring over our wedding video. That's a fantastic gift idea. Thanks for reading our blog.

      Delete
  3. Maybe you should make a V-day dinner and share it with everyone and have a special dessert and make sure it has some pink on it somewhere. Then do some games and have a great v-day. That heart hairstyle is sure cute Happy V-day Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always do a chocolate fondue party with the kids. We make up a super easy warm chocolate dipping sauce and dip anything and everything we can in it! Gook luck, I know you'll come up with something fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been really impressed by going through this awesome blog. hair coloring

    ReplyDelete