Friday, December 14, 2012

the Simple Bow



When I was in first grade, my family moved and I changed elementary schools.  Needless to say,
I was really nervous.  

I remember my teacher paired me up with a girl who was going to be my buddy.  She was supposed to show me around and teach me all the new things I needed to know.  So the first thing she taught me was that every day she rubs the angle of her shoe to tell whether or not it's on the wrong foot. 
I remember thinking, "if this girl can't even figure out which shoes go on which feet, she's probably not the sharpest one to be showing me the ropes."

When I became a mother to kindergarteners and first graders, I had a little more sympathy for that little girl.  It's like pulling teeth, to teach my kids to tie their shoes.  It's kind of a dying skill with velcro, but one that's right up there with my love for teaching potty-training.  

So anyone who's mastered either of those skills can surely do this hairstyle.
Miriam

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so delicate and pretty. And EASY!
    Thanks,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites now:P

    ReplyDelete